The Warm Project
Energy efficient homes for the community
I would like to introduce you to a service offered by Wexford Local Development called the Warm Project. The Warm Project is funded by SEAI through the Better Energy Warmer Homes Scheme.
The Warm Project provides a range of energy saving measures, which includes attic and cavity wall insulation, wall and roof ventilation, draught proofing of doors and windows, lagging jackets for hot water cylinders and cold water storage tanks, low energy light bulbs and energy advice. These services are provided free of charge to eligible homeowners.
Since the 1st of January 2018 this service is also available free to persons in receipt of the Domiciliary Care Allowance. Please see below the criteria required to avail of this service.
To qualify homeowners must meet the following criteria:
- Be living in a private owned home (owner occupied).
- The house must have been built before 2006
and you must receive one of the following payments;
- Fuel allowance as part of the National Fuel Scheme, or
- Job Seekers Allowance for over six months and have a child under seven years of age, or
- Family income Supplement or
- One-Parent Family Payment or
- Domiciliary Care Allowance
If you think you are eligible, please telephone us on 053-9160752 for an Application Form. Return Completed application forms to the Warm Project office in Green Street, Wexford. If you need any further clarification please do not hesitate to contact me on 053 9160752 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The Application Form can also be downloaded from the Wexford Local Development website at www.wdl.ie