The Senior section of Our Lady of Fatima School caters for students aged 16 – 18 years old. Students in the Senior section of the school have the opportunity to engage with Junior Cycle Level 3 Programme. The School also engages in a School Leavers Programme. Our classes comprise of Senior 1, Senior 2, Senior 3 and Senior 4.
The senior students participate in specific elements of the courses available that best suit their individual educational needs.
Students are challenged to work to reach their full potential alongside being mindful that the students are enjoying self-paced learning.
Subjects offered at the Junior Cycle Level 3 are Home Economics, Art, History, English, Maths, Geography and Woodwork. These subjects are taken at Common and Ordinary Level.
These subjects are completed over a three year period.
- Home Economics and Art are covered.
- English Classroom Based Assessment 1 (CBA1) is completed.
- Math Classroom Based Assessment 1 (CBA1) is completed.
- Geography Classroom Based Assessment 1 (CBA1) is completed.
- Woodwork – Students attend Selskar College, Wexford for Practical Classes.
- English Classroom Based Assessment 2 and Final Exam are completed.
- Math Classroom Based Assessment 2 and Final Exam are completed.
- Geography Classroom Based Assessment 2 and Final Exam are completed.
- Woodwork Project & Final Exam are completed. The students attend Selskar College, Wexford, one morning a week for a double Practical class.
- This class comprises of non- exam students. These students engage with the ASDAN programme, Junior Certificate Level 2 as well as Life skills.
Along with the core curricular subjects, students also participate in the following subject areas:
- Visual Arts
- Digital Technology
- Horse – Riding